Phone Stands for Filming | 27 top picks
How to Choose the Best Phone Stand for Filming: The Buying Guide
With so many phone stands for filming, it can be hard to be sure you’re making a good choice with your purchase. There are seemingly countless variations, from the classic selfie stick design to desktop tripods with a built-in ring light for video conferencing and beauty videography. There’s no need to despair, however. In this guide, we’ve done the hard work for you, selecting 27 different phone stands for filming that fit the budget and need of blossoming social media stars and seasoned video pros alike.
Clever Sequence is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission for referring you.
As you review our list, here are a few things to keep in mind that will help you pick the stand that’s best for your needs.
When you’re looking at phone stands for filming, the most important consideration should always be quality. Whether it’s the construction of the materials or the clarity of the footage you shoot, never compromise on quality. The phone stand for video recording you choose needs to let you shoot professional-quality video or it’s not worth the money even if it was cheap.
On the other hand, phone stands for filming don’t have to be incredibly expensive. Don’t be afraid to stick to your budget if you can’t afford the most expensive equipment out there. The selections in our list include both high-end and affordable phone stands that don’t sacrifice quality.
Different people will have different needs when it comes to phone stands for filming, and your choice should reflect that. Do you need a mobile phone holder for video recording while you’re walking the streets of your city or out hiking? You’ll want to get something with stabilizing gimbals that’s lightweight and easy to hold. On the other hand, if you’re filming yourself baking a cake or speed-painting your newest piece of art, you’ll want a ring light with a phone holder that sits easily on a desk or table and maybe even something that can handle top-down video.
Especially if you’re new to professional video recording, one problem you’ll run into is the sheer amount of words you have to learn to pick a product that matches your needs.
Some words sound totally made up, while other descriptions of phone stands for filming on marketplace websites devolve into strings of acronyms and numbers. Researching books from your local library or reputable sites online is a great way to get up to speed on the basics of tripod terminology. Knowing just a little will go a long way.
Our 27 Picks of the Best Phone Stands for Filming
After 32+ hours of research, we have meticulously selected the best phone stands for filming, and we recommend you to keep your next video project in mind as you look at following list.
This combination of selfie stick and tripod from Bze Yun Teng stands out among the many phone stands for filming with its multipurpose base, wireless remote, and rotation head, allowing you many options for filming.
- Selfie stick extends to almost 40 inches.
- Lightweight and compact when not extended.
- Wireless remote with a range of 10 meters.
- Compatible with most iPhone and Android models, as well as GoPro cameras.
- Handheld selfie stick with tripod base for two usage modes.
- Antislip rubber feet for stability in tripod mode.
This phone mount and tripod from Erligpowht fits all phones between 2.25 and 3.75 inches, and can also hold digital cameras and GoPro. Its compact size and highly flexible tripod legs make this a great option out of all the phone stands for filming, as you can shoot from any angle.
- Adjustable legs grip anything for filming on the go.
- Remote control has a distance of 33 feet.
- 360 degree ball joint on stand and vertical/horizontal mount add more versatility.
- Perfect for YouTube and other live videos.
- Compact and lightweight.
- Tripod can double as a handheld grip for selfies and vlogging.
- Remote can be used to take videos and photos.
- Seven movement templates for professional results.
- Brushless motor and anti-shake algorithm further reduces blurry video.
- Powerful lithium battery lasts up to eight hours on a single charge.
- Foldable design makes it small enough to fit in your pocket.
The ULANZI Smartphone V goes beyond a mobile phone holder for video recording, combining the ULANZI's distinctive rig with accessories like a microphone and pair of fill lights that take it far beyond the capabilities of standard phone stands for filming.
- Includes the ULANZI smartphone rig, a video microphone, two fill lights and other accessories.
- Standard 1/4 inch threads mount included accessories or your other filming kit.
- Can be attached to a tripod (not included) or used in handheld mode to capture video and audio.
- Lights last up to 120 minutes at full brightness, or up to 300 minutes at lower settings.
- Mount firmly holds most phones up to 3.35 inches in width.
- Included TRS and TRRS cables, and included foam windscreen reduce noise and ensure high quality audio.
- Comes with a carrying bag to keep everything together.
- Phone clamp locks in place to reduce shaking and missed footage.
- Like many phone stands for filming, is compatible with most smartphones on iOS and Android.
- Brushless motor significantly reduces shaking.
- Easily converts between tripod and selfie stick.
- No app install needed.
- Weighs less than a pound.
- Bluetooth controller can be used on the stick or detached if needed.
Unlike other phone stands for filming, the Viozon extendable phone stand for video recording mimics the form of a traditional tripod. Its aesthetically pleasing looks pair with an extremely stable base for reduced likelihood your phone will fall over.
- Excellent phone stand for recording drawing
- 7 Brightness Levels
- Can be used as a floor stand and extended up to 49.2“
- Wireless remote shutter with over 30 foot range.
- Compatible with phones up to 3.6 inches wide, cameras and GoPro.
- Phone holder and LED Light rotate 360 degrees.
The ATUMTEK Bluetooth selfie stick and tripod doubles as a way to take photos or a phone stand for video recording, with remote control, an extendible stand, and a 270-degree phone holder. A great choice for those looking at phone stands for filming videos for social media or conference calls.
- Holds phones up to 3.42 inches wide.
- Single-button Bluetooth remote control for distance shots up to 33 feet.
- Phone holder rotates 270 degrees horizontally and 180 degrees vertically, allowing shots from any angle.
- Three-year user warranty included.
- Lightweight and affordable.
- Extends up to 31 inches.
- Great for shooting inside and outside.
- Made of durable aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Adjustable clamp holds any phone between 2.36 inches and 3.5 inches wide.
- Perfect for those looking to upgrade an old camera tripod or gimbal.
- Rotates phone up to 360 degrees and tilts 135 degrees for the perfect angle.
- Don’t have a tripod? The mount is stable enough to stand upright on a table by itself.
- Clamp jaws are lined with anti-slip rubber to protect your phone.
- Includes carrying bag.
- ARCA mount and 1/4 inch 20-thread screw mount for maximum tripod compatibility.
Phone Tripod, Eocean 50" Phone Tripod for Cellphone, Gopro and Camera with Wireless Remote and Universal Clip, Compatible with iPhone 12/11/Xs/Xr/Xs MaX/X/8/Galaxy Note 9/S9
Eocean's lightweight phone tripod extends to greater than four feet in height and can serve as both a mobile phone holder for video recording and traditional digital camera tripod. Its attractive bronze and black look catches the eye for a distinctive accessory.
- Relatively low price point compared to other phone stands for filming.
- Three extendable sections for a height range of 16.5 to 50 inches.
- Phone holder can be unmounted to hold digital cameras, GoPro and other filmography accessories.
- Holds phones up to 3.34 inches wide.
- Single button wireless remote with a 30-foot range.
- Quick-release tripod locks can be adjusted easily if you need to change your phone’s height or location during shooting.
- Includes a water-resistant carrying case.
- Phone holder can also hold a ring light for video conferencing.
- Three different modes and ten brightness levels.
- Choose from warm, cool light, and daylight modes.
- Light rotates 360 degrees for the perfect amount of lighting every time.
- Wide, circular base for stability.
- Height of phone holder can be adjusted between 17.7 and 23.6 inches.
- Black and white color options.
- Ring light contains long-lasting LED bulbs.
- USB chargeable.
- Includes remote shutter for starting and stopping video without the need to touch your phone.
The design of the Arkon Pro is great for anyone looking at phone stands for filming crafts, baking and other hobbies best shot from directly above. The Arkon holds phones up to an impressive 4 inches wide, and can also hold small digital cameras.
- Adjustable between 17 and 29 inches high.
- Four adjustment points connected by swivel ball adapters allow for extremely flexible positioning of your camera or phone.
- Includes a camera adapter with standard 1/4 inch-20 connector screw.
- Weighted base provides stability without the need to clamp the stand to a table.
- Can also be used as a traditional phone stand for video recording by straightening out the swivel balls.
- Height when fully straightened and extended is roughly 3.5 feet.
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Perfect choice for bakers and artists.
- Aluminum-magnesium solid core for the ideal mix of flexibility and firmness.
- Mounts to any table, desk or other surface of 2.36 inches or less.
- Rubber pads on phone holder keep phone in place and further reduce shaking.
- Rotate and bend to any angle needed to get the perfect video.
- Adjustable clamp holds phones between 1.77 and 3.9 inches wide.
- Bendable arm is 33.4 inches long when fully straightened.
- Three different light color modes, each with ten brightness levels.
- Phone and light are on separate flexible arms, making it easier to get the angle and lighting perfect every time.
- USB powered, so there’s no need to worry about battery life.
- Low price point compared to other phone stands for filming.
- Holds devices up to an impressive 4.43 inches wide.
- Works great for Tiktok, YouTube, Instagram and other social media channels.
This ring light for video conferencing from Surwit extends up to 67 inches, and features an extra-wide 11.4 inch ring light. Simply place your phone in the highly adjustable phone stand for filming and you'll be ready to shoot footage from a desktop, floor or any other level surface inside and out.
- Fold-flat design and in-stand storage space create a compact shape for easy travel.
- Bluetooth remote works up to 30 feet away.
- Sturdy base and extendable pole for stable filming from any surface.
- No need for a desk or table clamp.
- LED lights don’t emit blue light, reducing eye strain.
- Light rotates 180 degrees.
- Phone holder rotates 360 degrees.
- Dimmable down to 10% of total light output.
- Warm, Daylight and Cool White lighting modes.
- USB plug for flexibility of power sources.
- Phone clamp holds devices up to 3.7 inches wide.
- Cold shoe top mount for microphone or light.
- Back of stand holds three standard 1/4 inch screw mounts.
- Arca Swiss “foot” at base for mounting to Arca Swiss compatible tripods.
- Phone clamp rotates horizontally for landscape and portrait orientations.
- Lightweight and slim design make it easy to use as a handheld phone stand.
- Base of stand includes a 1/4 inch and also a 3/8 inch port for universal tripod mounting.
This extendable selfie stick and tripod phone stand for video recording from Naohiro includes a remote control and easily converts between a standalone tripod or extendable selfie stick. With a low price among similar phone stands for filming, it's a good choice for the social media expert on a budget or for those times you need a cheap stand for video conferences.
- Use it for close-up videos by holding the selfie stick, or set up the tripod to film from a distance.
- Affordable price with sturdy construction.
- Bluetooth remote works with your phone from over 30 feet away.
- Phone holder rotates up to 360 degrees horizontally, and titles up to 225 degrees forward for low-angle shots while extended.
- Weighs less than 1/3 of a pound for easy transport.
- Extends up to 26.4 inches.
- No app needed to film remotely from any iOS and Android device.
Unlike many phone stands for filming, the DREAMGRIP Evolution modular video rig is a highly customizable phone stand for video recording on phones, digital cameras, GoPro and any other device. Although it's relatively pricy, the high number of accessories and filters ensure you'll get your money's worth when shooting professional-quality video for social media, video conferencing or any other purpose.
- Includes directional microphone and two dimmable LED lamps with USB chargers.
- Optics module offers three different connectors, as well as CPL and ND filters and an aluminum hood.
- Patented track design allows you to attach accessories without sacrificing stability.
- Vertical and horizontal layouts match your streaming or filming needs.
- Lights fitted with barndoors to professionally manage lighting.
- Charge on lights lasts up to an hour at full brightness, and can connect to a USB power bank for additional time.
- Adjustable shoulder strap provides additional support while shooting.
- Includes an extra clamp to enable filming with two devices at once.
The UBeesize selfie stick and tripod makes an excellent, affordable mobile phone holder for video recording, live streaming and video conferencing. In tripod mode, this holder extends up to 51 inches, longer than many phone stands for filming, and can hold phones in or out of cases up to 3.75 inches wide.
- Phone mount swivels 360 degrees and tilts 180 degrees for portrait or landscape filming in any direction.
- Five extendable sections for a maximum height of just over four feet tall.
- When used in selfie stick mode, “quick flick locks” offer increased stability compared to twist locks.
- Universal 1/4 inch screw can be used to mount digital cameras as well as phones.
- Antislip rubber feet for added stability when in tripod mode.
- Bluetooth remote enables filming from a distance of 30 feet.
- Weighs less than a pound and shrinks to 17 inches for easy portability.
- Made of durable aluminum alloy.
- GoPro adapters included.
Many phone stands for filming modify the classic 'selfie stick' design. The Movo VXR10+ takes a different approach, collapsing to a baton-like handle for easy storage and providing a "shockmount" and included microphone on top of the detachable mobile phone holder for video recording.
- Included windscreen cuts down on noise while recording outdoors with the included microphone.
- TRS and TRRS cables to connect audio input to your phone or other device.
- Bubble level on smartphone rig makes sure you’re not shooting skewed footage.
- Mini tripod enables you to film on any flat surface, even without a lot of room.
- Shaft extends up to 16 inches in height.
- Ball head mount to film from any direction.
- Includes a removable padded handle for hand filming.
- One year warranty backed by a US-based support team.
- Smart grip on top of phone holder can also be used to hold lighting equipment if you have it.
The Hohem iSteady X swivels on three axes for added stability and crystal clear footage, and runs for an impressive eight hours on a single charge, significantly longer than many phone stands for filming. Pre-set cinematic templates help your videos stand out in any circumstance.
- Works with Android and iOS devices.
- Lightweight and foldable, compact design is perfect for shooting videos on the go.
- Templates like “inception,” “dolly zoom” and more provide professional-looking effects.
- One-button-click changes from portrait to landscape orientation, zooms or focuses.
- Gesture control and face tracking features.
- Distinctive appearance stands out
- Two-handed grip reduces shakiness in handheld mode
- Rig can also be attached to a tripod in vertical or horizontal layout using one of two 1/4 inch universal screw mounts
- Includes three standard shoe mounts for a ring light for video conferencing, microphone, or other accessories (not included)
- Affordable price
- Cell phone holder rotates 360 degrees and slides across the rig on a central rail
- Compatible with phones up to 3.35 inches in size
- Great for filming videos on the go, or in a studio environment using a standard tripod.
The Movo Smartcine W1 is a handheld lighting kit and universal phone stand for video recording. This kit comes with the phone rig, a microphone and a built-in ring light for video conferencing or shooting footage in any situation. Relatively high price point is offset by a one-year warranty and crystal clear video and audio quality.
- Includes built-in ring light for video conferencing.
- Wireless microphone delivers high-quality sound from up to 131 feet away.
- Includes swappable wide-angle, fisheye and telephoto lenses.
- Bright white LEDs in light have three output levels to fine-tune lighting.
- No-shake handheld video footage.
- Can be attached to an existing tripod (not included)
- Includes windscreens and TRRS output cable for better audio.
- Carrying case to hold accessories.
- Holds phones between 2.2 and 3.8 inches wide.
Like other phone stands for filming, Fieyutech's handheld 3-axis gimbal stabilizer, Vimble 2S, provides several different methods of shooting. The Fieyutech differs with its high-quality gimbals and long battery life, ensuring you can shoot quality footage for social media channels, news reporting, videoconferencing, and more for up to ten continuous hours.
- Triple gimbal stabilizers for 360 degree filming along three different axes.
- Stick extends up to 7 inches for additional flexibility.
- Holds phones up to 3.3 inches wide.
- Can be mounted to an existing tripod with the 1/4 inch thread hole for footage shot from a distance.
- Turns freely horizontally and vertically without blurring your video.
- Phone mount can be automatically rotated 180 degrees for easy switching between portrait and landscape mode.
- Includes an “ultimate POV mode” to make viewers feel they’re a part of the shot.
- Other built-in modes, including face and object tracking, dolly zoom, time-lapse and panorama shooting.
- Gimbal retains battery life ten hours from a single charge, and can be charged during use with micro-USB.
Some phone stands for filming assume that bigger is better. The Zhiyun Smooth XS takes the opposite approach, with an extremely compact, lightweight design that doesn't sacrifice the ability to shot quality video footage or function as a phone stand for video recording. Its unique slide design makes it easy to retract and take on the go, while the detachable tripod base means you can still stand it somewhere and shoot.
- Two-axis motorized gimbal for smooth panning and rolling.
- Ergonomically designed handle is easy on your hands for long filming sessions.
- When attached to tripod and fully extended, stand is approximately 20 inches in height.
- Included mini-tripod uses standard 1/4 inch 20-thread mount, meaning it’s easy to swap for a bigger tripod if needed.
- Up to four hours of battery life.
- Tilts up to 290 degrees, rolls up to 268 degrees.
- When folded, the Smooth XS is a petite two by two by ten inches.
- Comes with a carrying bag for travel.
- Available in white and pink.
The UBeesize lightweight 50-inch tripod and mobile phone holder for video recording is an affordable option for anyone who needs a tripod for video recording or is exploring phone stands for filming for the first time. Its over four-foot height and near-universal compatibility make it a great choice for those new to recording, but it also meets the needs of seasoned social media video professionals on a budget as well.
- Low price point.
- Sturdy tripod that extends to more than four feet but only weighs 1.05 pounds.
- In addition to a phone holder, the tripod comes with a tablet holder for devices up to 8 inches wide.
- Phone holder can be removed to use the tripod with digital cameras, GoPro or other video recording devices.
- Pans and tilts 360 degrees, and can be easily changed between horizontal and vertical orientations.
- Wireless remote shutter connects to iOS and Android devices via Bluetooth.
- Flip lock technology increases stability and support on any number of surfaces.
- Comes with a drawstring travel bag for easy transportation.
The Pivo pod's design is truly unique among phone stands for filming, in that it isn't a traditional tripod or gimbal holder. Instead, the Pivo Pod is a cute, compact stand and phone clip that holds phones of almost any size, using its auto-tracking system to follow you as you film yourself walking, riding, cooking or doing almost any other activity. A great choice for the social media video celebrity who can't sit still.
- Pivo Pod and Pivo Meet apps required to film with Pivo Pod (free download on iOS and Android)
- Battery life of up to ten hours can be quickly refilled in a 60-minute period.
- Designed for smartphones, but its clamp will hold any device up to 2.2 pounds in weight.
- Can be used without the Pivo app using the included remote control.
- Pocket-sized pod only weighs seven ounces, and measures a tiny 7 by 4 by 3 inches for easy travel.
- Includes twelve “quick create” modes to jump start your filming and creating.
- Works great when paired with a freestanding ring light for video conferencing (not included)
The Movo V8 video kit pulls out all the stops, with bells and whistles galore. This massive kit isn't just for show, though. The audio and video features and tabletop tripod offer functionality that's difficult to match when looking at most other phone stands for filming.
- Highly modular kit with lights, microphones and other accessories.
- Shotgun microphone provides clear directional audio pickup.
- Pair of included wireless microphones are ideal for when you need to pick up clear audio at a distance from your phone stand.
- Also includes a condenser microphone and stereo microphone.
- Smartphone rig holds phones between 2.2 and 3.6 inches wide.
- Rubberized grip to reduce shaky photo caused by sweaty palms.
- Includes a built-in bubble level so you can be sure your footage is not crooked.
- Rechargeable LED light with three brightness levels.
- Tabletop tripod extends up to 16 inches for freestanding filming.
No matter which of these phone stands for filming catches your eye, remember to review them with our buying guide in mind. Quality, price, and functionality are all important to consider when you’re buying a mobile phone holder for video recording, no matter what you need it for.
In the end, choosing the “best” product is as much a matter of finding a phone stand for video recording that fits your project and vision as it is an objective measurement. We’re confident any one of the stands on our list are great for shooting professional-quality footage, but you’ll get the best use out of them if you match them to your circumstances.
Good luck, and happy filming!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases