Resize Video for Instagram Free
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms you can use to share videos and photos. Some businesses even utilize Instagram to share behind-the-scenes clips and stories to their pages.
Unfortunately, Instagram will automatically crop out sides of your video when sharing them. This feature will make your clips look awkward. If you have a business, your customers may feel confused or negatively about your brand.
To resize video for Instagram free, you will need to use a third-party app. Some of the more popular options include Adobe, Fast Reel, and Biteable to name a few. Read about eight options in the information below, which should help you decide which software will best meet your needs.
To learn to resize video for Instagram free, you can use any of the tools listed above. The best aspect ratio for a boomerang, however, is 4:5.
When you open one of the tools to resize video for Instagram online, you will need to select the appropriate aspect ratio. After choosing 4:5, download your clip.
How to Resize Videos on Instagram for Free
Before learning to resize video for Instagram free using one of the apps below, you need to know the appropriate ratios. If you want to make a post, your clip should be square or vertical. The Instagram video dimensions for a story or IGTV creation should be in portrait mode.
InVideo | resize video for Instagram for free
Resize video for Instagram free using InVideo. This software is available through a browser, and it is solely online. Anyone can use this Instagram video resizer, as you can have a new clip in a matter of minutes.
Look to the below steps to effectively use this tool.
- On a browser of your choice, go to www.invideo.io.
- Press “Sign Up” and enter your contact details. If you already have an account, press “Log In.”
- Wait for the homepage to load and click “Blank Canvas.”
- Choose the current aspect ratio of your video.
- Press “Make a Video.”
- Click “Upload Media.” Choose a video for resizing.
- Drag your video to the middle of the screen.
- Move the sliders to the beginning and end of your video. Press “Done.”
- On the top menu, press “Resize.”
- Choose the new aspect ratio you want to use.
- Click “Duplicate and Resize.”
- Press “Download and Share.”
- Click on the “Export” button to finalize the download of your new video.
- The interface is easy-to-use and has drag-and-drop capabilities.
- Text to speech options are available to add sound to your clip.
- Full functionality to change the appearance of your video.
- Access to a Facebook Community for answers to your most pressing questions.
- Customer support is available 24/7.
- If you choose one template, you have to stick with it.
- It can take a long time for your video to finish exporting. It will depend on the length of your media.
- You need to have a strong internet connection to finalize the editing process on your video.
After you upload a video to TikTok, you can press on the screen and save it to your camera roll. You can add this clip to Instagram after the download is complete.
To convert video for Instagram, you will need to use one of the tools listed above. Select the 1:1 or 4:5 aspect ratios.
You can learn to resize video for Instagram free using Animaker. This online tool will quickly give you the results you need. Additional functions on this Instagram video resizer include muting, merging, flipping, and rotating.
Learn how to use Animaker to resize your videos in the provided steps.
- On a browser of your choice, go to www.animaker.com.
- Pick on the dimensions you want to use. Choose from 1:1, 4:5, or 9:16.
- Click “Choose Your File” to upload your video clip.
- Press the resize option on the top right corner of your video.
- Drag the edges of your video clip until you get the appropriate scale.
- Click on “Apply” to keep your changes.
- Press “Download” to save your video.
- Extremely user-friendly. You achieve a high-quality video in a matter of minutes.
- Diversity of backgrounds and characters.
- Upload your own clips.
- Mark keyframes to make changes to only portions of your videos.
- Tutorials are available for your needs.
- The interface is not intuitive. Sometimes, there are bugs.
- Once you are on the timeline, there are limited editing features.
Any of the tools listed in the information above will let you compress video for Instagram stories, reels, and posts. You need to drag-and-drop the clip and click on the editing tools to begin. After, select either 1:1 or 4:5 in the available aspect ratios.
Learn to resize video for Instagram free using veed.io. This tool does not only work for Instagram. You can use it for YouTube, Twitter, and several other social media platforms.
Learn how to use this video converter for Instagram in the below list.
- On a browser of your choice, go to www.veed.io.
- Click on “Login” and sign up or enter your username and password.
- When you are in the video editor, drag and drop your clip to the page.
- Press “Settings.”
- Click on the aspect size you want for your new clip.
- Crop your video to make sure it fits within the frame.
- Press “Download” to save your new video.
- The interface is clutter-free, making it easy to use for any first-time video editor.
- You can add a subtitle to your video. It will automatically create some based on the audio in your clip.
- You will receive a quick response to the 24/7 customer service.
- The free plan on veed.io allows you to perform every function you need.
- If your video is longer than 25 minutes, you will need to purchase a paid subscription.
- Some of the most recent updates come with bugs.
- You can only add a subtitle if you use a paid option.
How Do I Reduce the MB Size of a Video
Veed.io is one of the best tools to compress video for Instagram. You will upload your video, selecting the appropriate resolution after.
The lower the resolution that you choose, the smaller your video file will be. When you make your final selections, press “Compress Video.”
VideoSmaller is another tool you can use to compress your videos so that they fit better on Instagram. This software program is free, and there is no premium subscription for you to choose from.
Select the file you want to upload, then choose the scale by which you want to reduce your clip. Click “Upload Video” to finalize the process.
If you want a video converter for Instagram that does not add a watermark, you can use almost any of the tools above. Fast Reel is the only option you have to pay extra for to remove the graphic. Any of the other software programs let you save any video without a watermark.
Promo | resize video for Instagram for free
Promo is another tool that lets you resize video for Instagram for free. It works with any social media company and claims to be easy to use. When you resize video for Instagram online using this tool, you can upload it to as many of these platforms as you desire.
Learn to resize video for Instagram story, post, or IGTV using the below steps.
- Go to www.promo.com.
- Click on “Tools” at the top of the page.
- Choose “Video Resizer.”
- When the page loads, press “Resize a Video.”
- Upload the video of your choice.
- Toggle between “Vertical,” “Square,” and “Wide” by pressing “Video Size.”
- Choose the social media platform you want to use.
- Click “Export” to save your video.
- There are over 2,500 templates for you to choose from for your video.
- You do not need to create an account to access the video resizer.
- Post to multiple social media platforms at once.
- The preview function does not give you a comprehensive look of your video.
- You have to pay for some of the more in-depth features.
Instagram is one of the best social media platforms for ads. To resize video for Instagram online for your business, you need to start with one of the above tools. Your ad can be up to an hour long, especially if you post it as a reel.
Fast Reel is one of the easiest online tools you can use to resize video for Instagram free. You will get your results within just a few minutes, and there are several aspect ratios. You do not need to pay anything when it is time to export your video.
Learn to resize video for Instagram story, post, or reel using the list found below.
- On your browser, type in www.fastreel.com/resize-video.html.
- Click “Add Your File” to upload your media. If you would rather, you can drag-and-drop your files.
- Note that your video has to be under 500MB.
- Choose the aspect ratio you want for your Instagram video.
- Crop the video or choose the original canvas.
- Press “Continue.”
- Choose the export settings you want to use.
- Click on the type of file you want to download.
- There are several templates you can use for your video.
- The free version lets you resize a video without payment.
- The website is easy to understand.
- There is an audio library so that you can add sounds to your video.
- The free version offers low video quality.
- There is a watermark on your video in the free version.
- It is impossible to switch your templates.
To resize video for IGTV, it is best to use the 9:16 aspect ratio. After, you can upload the clip directly through the IGTV website or via the Instagram app. Any videos that are too long for the fed will go to IGTV.
Biteable | resize video for Instagram free
If you resize video for Instagram free using Biteable, you do not have to guess about which aspect ratio you need. It will automatically adjust. Use the below steps to convert video for Instagram posts, stories, and IGTV reels.
- In your browser, type in www.biteable.com.
- Press “Sign Up” or “Log In” to get into your Biteable account.
- Click “Create New Video.”
- Press “Start with an Empty Video.”
- Click “Continue.”
- Press “Select Background” and upload your clip.
- Click on “Video Settings” and choose a new aspect ratio. You will choose a shape instead of a number.
- Press “Download.”
- Sign up for a premium plan to export the clip.
- It takes only a few minutes to finalize a video.
- You can add your own music that will sync with the video.
- You can resize a video on the free platform.
- To download the video, you will need to sign up for a premium subscription.
- As of now, there is no square format.
- Sometimes, there are bugs that slow down your process.
Typito | resize video for IGTV
Typito lets you resize video for Instagram free. You can also make these changes for your Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube profiles.
Learn how to resize video for Instagram story, IGTV reel, or post below.
- In your browser, type in www.typito.com.
- Click on “Log In” to create an account or enter your username and password.
- Drag and drop your files to the editor.
- On the left panel, click “Format.”
- Choose one of the aspect ratios in the list.
- Click “Preview” to look at your video.
- Press “Export.”
- Typito is one of the easiest video editing software to use.
- There are 200 motion graphics to use for your clip.
- You can share your video to any social media platform with the click of a button.
- Access your files at any time, as long as you have an internet connection.
- You can only upload 60 projects per month.
- Typito does not support 4K videos.
- You cannot store your files on Typito’s website.
Adobe Creative Cloud Express allows you to resize video for Instagram free. You can choose the appropriate rations for posts, stories, or IGTV features.
Resize video for IGTV clips, posts, or stories in Adobe Creative Cloud Express using the below steps. Feel free to choose from one of the many templates if you want a specific editing look.
- Go to www.adobe.com/express.
- Choose the “Video Resize” feature.
- Click on “Instagram.”
- Press “Upload Your Video” and choose the clip you need to edit. It can be up to an hour long.
- Under the “Resize” menu, press “Instagram.”
- Select the appropriate dimensions.
- Press “Download” to save your clip.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Express is available on any browser, mobile, or desktop.
- The interface is easy to learn for any user.
- If you use a template, it is easily customizable.
- Add your own brand to your video through the icon features and professional graphics.
- You cannot add captions to your videos in Adobe Creative Cloud Express.
- Sometimes, the image quality is poor after downloading.
If you want to make a post on your Instagram account, you will need the ratios to be 1:1 as a square or 4:5, or vertical. A story or IGTV clip will require Instagram video dimensions of 9:16, also known as portrait mode.
Resize a Video for Instagram
You can resize video for Instagram free using several online tools and platforms. All of those in the information above lets you choose the appropriate aspect ratios for stories, IGTV clips, and posts. You can also make business ads for your Instagram profile using the programs above.
The above article may contain affiliate links, which help support Clever Sequence